Monday 23 August 2010

First Week in England

It's hard to believe that I have already been in England for five days!!!  It seems to be flying by so fast.  Everyone seems to be hounding me for details, so I thought this would be the perfect way to let you all know what I am up to!

Night flight-what can I say, stuck between two people you don't know can be overwhelming, especially when you are afraid of flying!!!  It all worked out though.  With little or no slepp, me and Ashley arrived in Heathrow and headed through madness to meet our cab driver.  He was equipped with our new cell phones (or mobiles) and our duvets and pillows which actually looked and felt more like tissue poaper than anything else.  The house is beautiful and me and Ashley have big rooms, with double beds.  Ashley says my room is nicer but hey, she has a freaking sink in hers!!!

Met two roomates so far, a fellow Canadian and a South African.  Both seem nice, but the Canadain is who we will be partying with I think!! She has already invited us to an afternoon Aussie party this sunday called The Church.  Apparently everybody dresses in costume, so we have to think of something original!

So far, we have settled into the new house, scrubbed it clean, bought duvet covers, towels, etc... and basically made it feel as homey as possible.  We have explored our area and it is great that we have a lot of stores nearby, including a grocery store and a dollar, pound? store.  We are also very close to bus stations and tube stations. 

We have only been into London once and checked out Oxford Street.  I used great self control not to buy every article of clothing I saw!! I am sure I won't be able to hold out for long though.  :)   Today we visited our agency, TimePlan and met the people who will be finding us work.  Three hours later we left, after pretty much signing our lives away.  Tired again, now we have been sleeping terribly!!  That's all for now, tomorrow Buckingham Palace!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! glad to see that you are exploring the world and living your dreams :D XO

    ReplyDelete